Children undergoing therapy, be it occupational, physical, or speech therapy, often need continuous medical care after their therapy sessions. This is one of the needs addressed by pediatric home care nursing services.
There is indeed no place like home, but you can’t expect the average home to have the equipment found in medical or therapeutic offices. Also, most parents probably don’t have the expertise of a nurse. Pediatric home care can bring these things to the home so that parents can have peace of mind knowing that their children are receiving quality nursing care. In a home care setting, private duty nurses can stay up to 24 hours a day, 7 days per week in their client’s home depending on the child’s needs.
Pediatric home care provides several benefits for both parents and children:
- It can reduce the time that the parents or child has to spend in the doctor office or hospital.
- Parents receive continuous training, support, and instruction on how to better care of their child.
- If any complications occur, intervention(s) can be carried out in a timely manner.
- Health history and progress are accurately recorded.
- Parents get better flexibility with their schedule.
- This service is not limited to the home. Care can also be provided at school or daycares.